Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status
EducatorsAbroad (EA) and our university partners in England have implemented procedures through which teachers worldwide can achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) by the Assessment Only Route to QTS.
The QTS award enables educators to teach in state-maintained and special schools in England and Wales; under the regulations on equivalence of qualifications, across the European Union; and in independent and government schools in other geographic locations depending on school policies concerning acceptable qualifications of educators.
Acceptance on the EA support programme leads to enrolment on the partner Assessment Only (AOQTS) scheme, including the final assessment by a qualified assessor. To achieve the award of QTS candidates must:
- Fulfil prerequisite requirements.
- Compile and submit a portfolio of evidence of their abilities as a classroom teacher showing that they have met the QTS standards.
- Have their portfolio and teaching assessed through direct observation by a university assessor.
- Review information under Programme Overview to understand the EA AOQTS process and determine your interest in gaining QTS through this programme.
- Determine if you qualify for this programme by completing the AOQTS Prerequisite Self-Assessment part I.
- Create an EA account to access your own EA www page (takes about 5 minutes, there is no obligation).
- Complete the AOQTS Prerequisite Self-Assessment part II and read remaining EA AOQTS www pages.
- Decide if you are able to complete programme requirements at this point in time.
- Complete the EA AOQTS application and submit it along with required materials.